This is an itinerary where the wildest Andean landscapes are the principal character. This trek explores incredible beautiful Cristal Blue Lakes, spectacular high mountains, a high beautiful pass, and two spectacular valleys of Huascaran National Park: Cojup and Quillcayhuanca which definitely is the best valley in forest, very rich in local trees, wildflowers, Andean bird, bushes, mushrooms, moss and lichens.
Day 01: Huaraz –Quillcayhuanca – Cuchillacocha Lake
Hike through wild Quillcayhuanca Valley, a remote stretch along a River marked by fir forests, vibrant pastures colored by blueberry bushes and rhododendrons, and views of the snow capped peaks with beautiful lakes. Also we are exploring the Pre-Inca Tambo Nuevo ruins. We spend the night at 4 500masl.
Day 2: Cuchillacocha Lake – Huapi Pass – Cojup
The day’s walk starts about steeply zigzag path, enjoying the Cuchillacocha Lake, which is situated on the base of Pucaranra and Chinchey Mountains. Then, we go uphill toward to Huapi pass (5 020masl), from where we will have one of the most spectacular views of Mountains such as Huapi, Pucaranra, Tullparaju, etc. Then we descend to Cojup valley to set up our tents at 4 350masl
Day 3: Cojup – Huaraz
Our last day we start walking easily along the Cojup valley, passing great vegetation predominated by Quenual forest. We end our trek in the front of Cojup valley at 3 750masl, where the transport will be waiting for us to go back to Huaraz.
Services included in the prices:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 02 nights at the La Casa de Maruja B&B in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 03 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- first aid Kit
- Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
- Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
- More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
- Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
- Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- * Entrance fees in Cashapampa
- * Entrance fees in Huaripampa.
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Extra days
- Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE
The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
• Recommended gear:
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
• Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.
Quillcayhuanca - Cojup Trek
Would you like to do this trip?