Day 01: Huaraz – Cojup – Palcacocha Lake
We leave from Huaraz toward to the front of the Cojup Valley (3 750masl), where we begin our trek. We walk going up along the valley, where the vegetation starts to get very thick beside the trail with Quenual forest. We spend the night at the bottom of this beautiful valley, with excellent sunset views. From there we can visit the Palcacocha Lake. The Camp Site is at 4 350masl.
Day 2: Palcacocha lake – Perolcocha lake – Ranrapalca moraine
This Is A Short Day But Very Steep. We Start The Day Ascending To Our Next Camp Site Which Is Situated On The Moraine Of Ranrapalca And Ishinca At 4 850masl. During The Journey We Are Passing By Small Lakes And Enjoying Beautiful Landscapes.
Day 3: Ranrapalca Moraine – Ishinca Pass – Ishinca Base Camp
We start walking steeply following a zigzag trail to Punta Union pass at 4 750masl, below spectacular peaks and active glaciers such as Taulliraju, Rinrijirca, Pucahirca, Quitaraju, Artesonraju, Pirámide de Garcilazo, etc. Also we can appreciate the beautiful Taullicocha Lake. After reaching the pass we finally descend towards Tuctupampa (4 200masl), where the camp will be set up.
Day 4: Ishinca Base Camp – Honcopampa – Huaraz
Our Last Day We Start Walking Easily Along The Ishinca Valley, Passing Great Vegetation Predominated By Quenual Forest. We Are Ending Our Trek Visiting The Honcopampa Ruins (3 400masl), Where The Vehicle Will Be Waiting For Us To Go Back To Huaraz.
Services included in the prices:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 10 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- first aid Kit
- Camping equipment (four season tent, dining tent, toilet, matrass and cooking tent and supplies)
- Mountain Cheff , specialized in high altitude cooking with Peruvian , international tasting and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg/ pp)
- More than 2 persons one horse for any emergency.
- Prívate car transport Huaraz / Vaqueria / Cashapampa / Huaraz
- Meals during the trekking (breakfast, snacks, lunch, tea time, dinner) – The meal includes pankekes, fresh vegetables soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meats, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate and calories , which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, regular tea, coffee,etc
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- * Entrance fees in Cashapampa
- * Entrance fees in Hualcayan.
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Extra days
- Personal clothes and personal gear during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
THE DURATION OF THE HIKE
- The camping place is flexible; it could be different place than we decided and it is according to the rhythm or experience of the hikers.
– The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please contact us on this link for more information.
• Recommended gear:
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
• Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.
• We can hire the following to you:
Sleeping Bag suitable for – 10deg $4.00 per trip day
Deluxe Sleeping Bag suitable for -15deg. $5.00 per trip day)
Walking stick lightweight aluminum ($2.00 per day, per pair) Two sticks are recommended for tough hikes.
Thermarest inflatable mattress – $3 per trip day
Inflatable pillow – $2 per trip day
Single tent supplement (ie you don’t want to share a tent) $25.00 per person
When calculating costs for hire of walking stick, sleeping bag, calculate using the length of the tour. Even though you won’t use the equipment on the final day it will still be ‘on the road’ and ‘occupied.’
If you hire equipment and break it – you are responsible for price of replacement /or repair. (please do the right thing!)
• AVAILABLE DISCOUNTS (these discounts are not cumulative)
Students: US$ 30.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card. Please beware that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
Children: US$ 45.00 (up to 10 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
• TO MAKE A BOOKING
Please visit our Booking online page.
• You will need to email us to check availability, receive booking forms and then make your deposit. For our payment conditions and booking please refer to our Make a Booking page.
• (*) For organisational reasons, we require one week to organize your booking, prior to departure.